Is your old furnace costing you money? Is it breaking down frequently or not keeping up with the heating demands of your home? Listed below are common reasons why you should consider replacing an old furnace.
- High Energy Bills: Older furnaces are often around 65% or less efficient with the gas that they consume. That translates into high utility bills every month, and the problem will only get worse with time. A new high efficiency unit will greatly reduce those bills, and pay itself off in savings in a matter of a few years.
- Age of the Furnace: If your furnace is in the 15 to 20 years old range, replacement should be considered. The typical forced air gas powered furnace lasts for about 20 years with proper maintenance. Even if the unit is working fine right now, the older it gets, the higher the chances are that you will experience failure of some of the major components in the unit.
- Cracked Heat Exchanger: If your old furnace has been diagnosed with a cracked heat exchanger, now is the time to replace the unit. Cracks or leaks in the heat exchanger can lead to carbon monoxide leaks into the breathing air of the home, and heat exchangers are very costly to replace. You would be better off just replacing the entire system because there is a good chance that the rest of the unit is in just as bad of shape as the heat exchanger.
- High Repair Costs: If your old furnace has been diagnosed with several problems that add up to expensive repairs, you should replace the unit. It doesn’t make much sense to put hundreds and maybe even thousands of dollars into a furnace that is on its last leg.
- Going Green: The “green movement” has captivated much of the country, and maybe you have already begun implementing certain green improvements in your home. If so, one of the best ways to reduce your home’s carbon footprint is to install high efficiency heating equipment. These systems use much less gas to generate the same amount of heat as your old system and the less gas your home uses, the less of a negative impact you will have on the environment.
- Inconsistent Heating: Ice cold rooms and chronic system failure are just a couple of the problems caused by unpredictable heating systems. Your family deserves comfort this winter, so now may be the time to install a heating system that actually meets your heating needs.
- Manufacturer Rebates: Lennox is currently offering up to $1600 in rebates on qualifying home comfort systems!
At Climate Design Systems, our factory trained and licensed comfort technicians are always available to help and answer any of your questions. If you feel it’s time to replace your old furnace, we offer free no-obligation in home estimates! Backed by an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and over 70 years experience, turn to the experts at Climate Design Systems for all of your heating needs! Schedule your free estimate today!